Essential oil sweet orange is known for its uplifting and detoxifying effects.
It is a versatile oil that widely used, it has a sweet and familiar aroma, and it enhances the feelings of well-being.
What are sweet orange essential oil benefits?
- Uplifting– enhances the feelings of well-being and helps to a relaxed atmosphere.
- Detox– orange essential oil has a detoxifying and cleansing effect throughout the body.
- In a massage blend, the oil helps to improve the circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system, and supports the removal of toxins from the body.
- Good to support weight management and to reduce water retention.
- It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory oil.
- The aromatic compound limonene attributes healing and antiseptic properties.
- Revitalizes the skin- sweet orange essential oil has slightly astringent properties that can help to clarify oily skin and brighten a dull complexion. Excellent as general skin tonic helps detoxify congested skin, promote the production of collagen and support the natural repair process of the skin.
- Boosts immunity– help to relieve the symptoms of a feverish cold or flu virus due to its cooling and refreshing properties.
- Improves digestion– calms the digestive system, helping food to move efficiently through the gut, relieves constipation and trapped wind and eases indigestion. Useful for conditions of constipation, dyspepsia and spasm.
- Relieves anxiety – orange essential oil has a sweet, uplifting scent that can calm nervous tension, lift feelings of depression, and promote restful sleep in cases of insomnia.
How to use?
- Prepare a relaxing bath that smooths and tones skin by blending 6 drops in 1 tbsp base oil and add to a warm bath.
- As a massage oil to relieve nausea and indigestion- add 4 drops to 1 tbsp of base oil and massage the abdomen.
Important to know:
Sweet orange is non-toxic and non-irritant in dilution, it has a little photosensitizing effect, so, it is better to avoid exposure to the sun right after use.
The orange essential oil extracted as cold-pressed from the rind of the fruit.
Colour of the oil: pale orange-greenish
Fragrance: sweet, fresh, and fruity, like the orange peel.
Botanical family: Rutaceae (citrus fruit)
The sweet orange essential oil is suitable for children from 3 years.