Spelt Bread Recipe-
easy to make, full of flavour with great texture!
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 Hours
- Spelt Flour 500g
- Dried Yeast 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water Lukewarm 300ml
- Olive oil 1 tbsp.
- Mix the yeast with the water and the sugar, leave for 5-10 minutes until they react and create a foam.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the water, mix very well and then stir in the oil.
- Using your hands knead into a doughy mass.
- Knead dough in the bowl for few minutes (about 100 presses).
- Shape the dough and put it into your prepared loaf tin.
- Cover the tin with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until it doubles its size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes.
- You will know it’s done when the bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Special Diet Information
- Low Glycemic Index
My name is Pazit, I’m a fully-qualified and registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
My blog- www.pazbynature.com about healthy and natural lifestyle includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural medicines.