Smoothie is always an option for a great start of the day.
It is easy, quick to make and a good way to boost the number of fruits and veggies in your diet.
Rose hips are the accessory fruit of the rose plant.
Rosehips are a very popular ingredient in the skin-care industry, mostly used as rosehip oil, for skin healing effects -the oil helps to reduce scars damage and considered as an anti-ageing oil.
the rose hips are rich in:
- Vitamin C
- Flavonoids– naturally occurring plant pigments, flavonoids are one of the reasons fruits and vegetables are so good for you
- Lycopene– a carotenoid − a natural pigment that gives some vegetables and fruits their red colour, an antioxidant (a substance that protects against cell damage). Tomatoes are a very rich source of lycopene.
This smoothie is not only delicious but also extremely Healthy.
- Support Anti-inflammatory Diet– rich in anti-inflammatory ingredients, all the ingredients of this smoothie help the body to defend against inflammation while supporting anti-inflammatory pathways of the body.
- Healthy Skin– provides a great verity of antioxidants, that fight free radicals damage.
- Omega 3- Chia seeds are a source of ALA- a type of Omega 3.
- Fibres- this smoothie combines different types of fibres that supporting healthy digestion and elimination of toxins from the body. It is a simple way to start your day in the right direction. Dietary fibre is a plant-based nutrient, a type of carbohydrate but, unlike other carbs, it cannot be broken down into digestible sugar molecules.
Red Berries Smoothie with Rosehips
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed berries
- ½ cup vegan milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp rose hips
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor and drink imminently
My name is Pazit, I’m a registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
www.pazbynature.com Health & Wellness Blog includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural remedies.