Maca is a plant native to Peru.
The Latin scientifically name is Lepidium meyenii, also known as Peruvian ginseng.
Maca taste like- earthy and nutty, the is odour similar to butterscotch.
It goes great with sweet fruits.
This is the reason that I combine it with apple and banana to keep this richness and sweet flavour.
I see food as medicine. The food does not only exist for us to feel full and happy, but it is also the fuel to our body.
When you know what are the ingredients in your food, then, you can choose, the ones that are the best for you.
The benefits of the ingredients in this Maca Smoothie:
- apple – a good source for Pectin, a natural prebiotic, it helps to promote healthy gut bacteria.
- banana- sweet, will create a creamy texture to every smoothie and a very good source to potassium!
- chia seed- a great source for omega 3.
- cinnamon- help to balance blood sugar levels.
- freshly pressed almond milk- rich in vitamin e and protein.
- Maca root – the powder is very nutritious and it is a great source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is very good for boosting your energy levels and balance your hormones.
- rolled oats- a source of fibre and vitamin b, help to reduce cholesterol.
- 1 cup of plant-based milk ( I use freshly pressed almond milk– in a food processor blend 1/4 cup almond in 1 cup water and strain through a milk bag).
- 1 tbsp. maca root powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seed
Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until reach to the right texture.
Enjoy easy and nutritious breakfast or snack time!
My name is Pazit, I’m a fully-qualified and registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
My blog- www.pazbynature.com about healthy and natural lifestyle includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural medicines.