botanical name Olea europaea
The olive tree is native to the Mediterranean, as well as parts of Africa and Asia.
Olive oil is rich in skin-nourishing fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamin E.
Great both for the skin and for the hair.
How does olive oil work?
- Olive oil conditions the skin.
- Olive oil is a source for the active compound- squalene.
That provides a barrier against water loss.
- It has anti-ageing effects.
- Contain many antioxidants that will fight free radicals damage which can cause to premature ageing.
How to use
- Rub a few drops into the nails and cuticles to protect and condition them.
- Use it as a pre-treatment, before shampooing or use as an overnight hair mask to treat dry and damaged hair and irritated sensitive scalp.
- Olive oil also can be used as a makeup remover- it will clean the skin and leave it well moisturized and conditioned.
For more information about olive oil and how to make the olive oil hair mask check out this post:
My name is Pazit, I’m a fully-qualified and registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
My blog- www.pazbynature.com about healthy and natural lifestyle includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural medicines.