This is a series of blog posts about healthy skin care
You can start from this one -> FACIAL MASK TREATMENT
This series will present the essentials,
the easiest, safe, natural, economical and healthy steps
To help your skin be healthier and naturally glowing!
The most important part of keeping our skin healthy and glowing is by having a healthy nutrition
There are dozens of researchers about it,
Nutrition and its reflection on the skin have always been an interesting topic for scientists and physicians throughout the centuries worldwide. (1)
But nutrition is a very big topic, and I want to share with you the really simple and basics tips that could help you keeping or even healing your skin from within.
So let’s talk about Smoothies !!
I admit it! My best friend in the kitchen is the blender 😉
Smoothies are a delicious way to pack in a ton of nutrients and antioxidants
from food easily in great amount and verity!
Antioxidants are a key ingredient in skin care nutrition
Antioxidants “fight” with the damage of free radicals
and protect our skin from this damage.
Smoothies are also full of vitamins, minerals and other healthy compounds that can help our skin,
any easy Google search about “nutritional value in …” Could help you to know the leading compounds in each fruit or vegetable.
We will start with understanding
how these antioxidants work?
Antioxidants and the skin are deeply connected,
From helping to reduce wrinkles and ageing
to reducing inflammation.
A great way to consume a large number of antioxidants from nutrition easily, tasty, with higher absorption
is by making a healthy smoothie
Try to add all of these ingredients to your smoothies
- Greens for their Carotenoids and Chlorophyll which is also great for the skin.
- Chia seeds or Flaxseed as a great source to ALA (Plant-based source for Omega 3).
- Almond or Walnut as a healthy fats source, about 3-5 pieces.
- Fruits with Vitamin C- like all the kinds of Berries (strawberry is my favourite), kiwi…
Berries also contain Flavonoids which are another great compound for the skin.
- Banana, Mango or Avocado for great smoothie texture.
- For the fluids part – Water, Orange juice, milk (Almond/Soy/Coconut/Rice/Hazelnut) and yoghurt.
- I love to add 1 tablespoon of oats as a good source of fibres and for the texture.
- You can add to your smoothie any fruit or vegetable according to your own taste, just enjoy it!
Try to add 1 smoothie a day to your daily routine and you will see the changes in your skin in time.