How to take care of your hair and nourish it in a healthy way.
We usually have a complicated relationship with our hair, we like it/we hate it, we tried a new product, we are changing the haircut or the colour, and you can even feel the influence of having a bad hair day…
There many things that could affect how the hair looks like.
It depends on:
- Nutrition – the vitamins and minerals that are fundamental for healthy roots and prevention of hair loss. Minerals like zinc, iron and B vitamins are the most important ones.
Also, it is important to keep a good level of healthy fats consumption, like omega 3.
You should always stick with a good, balanced healthy diet, this impacts almost on all other aspects…
- Genetics – we can support our body in this area, with the help of herbs, supplements, nutrition and stressless life management.
- The weather – if the air is dry or moist.
- Hair products that we use.
On this post, I want to talk about the 4 easiest steps that can help your hair to be healthier and shinier, with a proper hair care routine
- Once a week I’m doing a nourish oil mask treatment to my hair overnight or few hours before shampooing.
The olive oil, nourish the hair and help to fight dry & frizzy hair
It also moisturizes the skin on your scalp.
You can read all about this olive oil DIY mask here:
Or you can try another oil- coconut, jojoba and castor oil are also amazing for the hair!
- Try to avoid any silicones, mineral oil and parabens in your shampoo!
One of the problems with silicones and mineral oil is that it’s coating the hair and doesn’t allow your hair to breathe.
Additionally, when an overload of silicone products are applied to hair, the buildup of the silicone coating eventually causes breakage.
The parabens are a preservative, studies have shown that some parabens can mimic the activity of the hormone estrogen in the body’s cells, and while estrogenic activity is associated with certain forms of breast cancer. (1)
Try to use avocado oil on your ends instead of silicon, it gives great results and seals the split ends.
- Regularly cut your hair! Once every 6 months at least and sometimes even more often, this will preserve your hair length and also keeps it healthy.
- When you use a hairdryer, first let the hair to dry naturally while kept inside a towel.
Then, blow dry your hair, keeping the dryer relatively far from the hair at all times and moving it around continuously.
I hope that you like those tips
I’ll be happy to know what are the tips that you using to keep your hair healthy!
My name is Pazit, I’m a registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
www.pazbynature.com Health & Wellness Blog includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural remedies.