There is nothing like a bowl of hot vegetable soup to fill you with good, healthy nutrients.
A recipe that is very easy to make and super tasty.
I call it “feel good soup”,
because of its ability to boost your immune system when you feel low. and because of the balanced ingredients, it is considered to be a whole meal.
To this soup, I add Pearl barley-
It contains a type of soluble fibre called Beta glucan (which is also found in oats), that helps reduce raised blood cholesterol levels and stabilises blood sugar levels.
You will need:
- 1 onion
- 6 mushrooms
- turmeric root
- pinch of salt, pepper
- 2 potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 50 gr pearl barley
- 1 cup frozen peas (130 gr)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1.5-litres stock/ water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
What to do?
- first cut and cook the onion, carrot, mushrooms and turmeric root with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- After the vegetables have softened and developed some fragrance and flavour, add the potatoes and 1 medium sweet potato.
- add about 1.5 litres of stock/water, then cover, and simmer.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes then add the peas and spinach and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
- bonne appetite!
My name is Pazit, I’m a fully-qualified and registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
My blog- www.pazbynature.com about healthy and natural lifestyle includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural medicines.