Healthy bread, ideal for people on yeast-free diets.
Making handmade bread is one of the satisfying accomplishments.
Baking fresh bread in the morning fills your house with a fabulous aroma of baking!
I adjust this wonderful recipe from Jamie Oliver website.
- spelt or whole grain flour- 250 g
- plain flour -100 g
- oats chopped in a food processor- 50 g
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 large free-range egg.
- 300 ml buttermilk
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, oatmeal, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and the buttermilk together.
- Use a fork to stir the egg mixture into the flour, then as it starts to come together, use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place onto a lightly floured baking tray. flat the dough slightly.
- Score a cross into the top of the bread with a knife, then bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes.
- Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool.
My name is Pazit, I’m a registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
www.pazbynature.com Health & Wellness Blog includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural remedies.