Good morning! Summer is almost here, and this the perfect time for a refreshing and light breakfast.
From the beginning of the spring, I started again my smoothie routine.
This means that I’m starting my day with a refreshing smoothie.
Smoothie is the perfect breakfast if you do it properly.
Make yourself a healthily balanced smoothie, with both fruits and veggies
Here are some ideas-
This breakfast gives me so much energy to start my day and I’m happy to share these ideas with you!
What do you think about starting your day with a nutritionally packed breakfast?
The first step- get ready
Go to do some shopping
Fill your shopping bags with fresh and frozen fruits and vegs
Buy some chia seeds or flax seed (Sources for vegetarian Omega 3- ALA), fibres and protein.
Fresh and organic greens- the best options for smoothie are organic kale and organic baby spinach. (It is better to buy the greens organic especially because you will use them every day and in high amounts).
Other good options for the green part are cucumber, celery sticks and avocado.
Choose your favourite fruits
You can also add to your smoothie superfood powders like Maca and Spirulina, Turmeric Root, Coconut water, Protein powder.
Have a good blender-
It doesn’t matter the type of blender you have, if it can chop ice it will work for you.
I’m using this NutriBullet Magic and making perfect smoothies for two every morning.
Then mix and match
- Start with greens.
- Add fruits.
- Add superfoods- maca/ spirulina/ raw cacao.
- Add healthy fats- choose one or two from the following: Chia seeds, flax seeds (omega 3 sources) almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds.
- Optional: to make the smoothie creamy you can add yoghurt (with live bacteria!)/ oats/ banana/ avocado/ protein powders/ tahini/ nut butter
- Dilute with water/ vegan milk in the amount you would like (1/2-1 cup usually).
- Chia seeds- soak 1 spoon of chia seed in vegan milk for 5-10 minutes before making the smoothie, to maximize its benefits.
Use it as the base for the smoothie 🙂
- Flax seeds- whole flaxseed passes right through your body.
It is better to grind your flaxseed every time in small amount and keep it in the freezer, using a mini food processor (the ground seeds can go rancid quickly).
Enjoy your new diet rich in fruits and veggies in the easiest and tastiest way 🙂
See more about Smoothie Here
My name is Pazit, I’m a fully-qualified and registered Naturopath N.D. , MNNA (a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association), Herbalist, Aromatherapist and Bach Flower remedies therapist based in London.
My blog- www.pazbynature.com about healthy and natural lifestyle includes travel inspiration, healthy food and natural medicines.