Orange cake, a traditional recipe with a healthy twist! I’m using Extra Virgin Olive oil 😉
To make this cake perfect, we start with fresh ingredients, homemade cake is a much healthier choice than store-bought one, because you know the quality and amount of the ingredients that you are choosing.
This cake is soft and moist with a rich orange flavour.
Also, it is great to fill your house with the aroma of freshly baked cake.
Amazing Orange cake with Olive oil
- 3 eggs free-range, at room temperature
- 175 grams sugar unrefined, cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract real vanilla extract
- Pinch salt Himalayan salt
- zest grated from 2 oranges
- 200 grams freshly squeezed orange juice or 200ml
- 70 grams olive oil extra virgin olive oil
- 300 grams flour organic all-purpose flour
- 5 grams baking powder
- 5 grams bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 fresh orange to squeeze on top of the cake when it is ready
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
Use a high-speed mixer to whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and orange zest until a light mixture is obtained (for about 5 minutes.)
First, combine the orange juice and the oil. Then, add this to the eggs mixture and continue to mix on medium speed.
Add flour and baking powder, and gently mix on a low speed.
Transfer the batter to a baking pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes. Check if the cake is ready with a toothpick (if inserted in the centre of the cake and comes out with moist crumbs it is ready).
Squeeze the fresh orange on the cake while it's hot.
Cool the cake completely at room temperature before eating. Enjoy!