Hot soup for cold days! The perfect choice, really easy & super healthy.
From start to finish, real food.
KIDNEY BEANS HEALTH BENEFITS HIGHLIGHTS
♥ Lowering cholesterol
♥ Excellent for diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia
♥ A good source for high-quality protein, especially when combined with rice/ quinoa/ buckwheat.
♥ Lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and type 2 diabetes
♥ Excellent source of the trace mineral, molybdenum.
Kidney beans are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fibre, as are most other beans.
In addition to lowering cholesterol, kidney beans’ high fibre content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia.
When combined with whole grains such as rice, kidney beans provide virtually fat-free high-quality protein.
Kidney beans are an excellent source of the trace mineral, molybdenum, an integral component of the enzyme sulfite oxidase, which is responsible for detoxifying sulfites. 1
Much evidence supports the health benefits of consuming a plant-based diet and increasing the intake of legumes.
A high intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes (beans), nuts, and seeds is linked to significantly lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. 2
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Red kidney beans – 200 gr
- Carrot – 1
- Sweet potato – 1
- Shallot onions – 2
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Water – 6 cups
- Plum tomato – 1 can
- Red paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt & pepper – pinch
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
How to make?
- PRE PREPARATION – the night before preparing the soup, soak the beans in water for the whole night.
- Start by cutting the vegetables (carrot, sweet potato, onions and 2 cloves of garlic).
- Slightly saute the vegetables with a little olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Time to add the water, start from 4.5 cups of water and add also the pre-soaked beans.
- Cook for an hour until the beans are soft.
- Then add a can of plum tomatoes and another 1.5 cups of water.
- Continue cooking for an extra half an hour and then add the seasonings (paprika, cumin, salt and pepper) stir for two minutes.
- Enjoy!! ( Best served with rice.)
If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy this post inspired by a healthy soup recipe: